the latest version of RPG Maker MV is here! We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:
- Make a backup of your project.
- Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.- Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root folder. Copy the new js and index.html files (except plugins.js so it won’t overwrite your Plugin Manager Parameters) to your current project!
If you did this correctly, it should look like this:
Sound Lag happens for 3 major reasons:
- Your sound file is greater than 2-3 mb. If your sound file is higher than that, decrease it.
- Your sound card settings is wrong. Please follow this video or do something similar to it:
- If you are OK on the above two, then it means it’s our problem. We’re aware of the problem and finally found a fix thanks to orlando. However this is not something we can fix in 1.3.0 so we’re still working on it.
- Graphics library upgraded to pixi4.
- ShaderTilemap is implemented. It renders WebGL tiles very fast. It means that animation doesn’t run on script and depends on the user’s video processor problem now, like in fancy 3d games.
- Video Memory Leaks are fixed.Fix for original RPG Maker tilemap, use _image instead of _canvas in Bitmap.bltImage, which takes away terrible canvas performance by 5x.
- Steam Workshop Official Release!
- Simple Encryption added.
- Splash Screen plugin added. (ON by default in new projects).
- You can change the “Object Selector” in [Tool]/[Option], with Extended/ Smart for better support of huge lists of objects.
- Now possible to copy the Event Editor content either as text or HTML
- New Plugin: “ConfigureRootElement.js” to setup the DOM element of a game (dlc/KadokawaPlugins)
- (optional) Additional Fantasy sample database (English: NewData_FantasyEN, Japanese: NewData_FantasyJP)